Making Lip Balm!!

Hi Guys!!! 

I am sorry I have been absent for so long, the new year has been sooooo busy I haven't had chance to get out and about much or write a new blog :(

I am sure you have seen this tutorial alllll over YouTube, but I thought I would give it a go as it looked really fun and tons cheaper than buying loads of different lipbalms! 


What you need:


Vaseline, Crayola Crayons, a heat proof bowl (I used a bigger one than this in the end) and a pot to put your new lipbalm in! I bought mine as part of a travel set of empty pots from Poundland, for this one I  just put the new lipbalm back in the Vaseline tin, but for others I have made from a big pot of Vaseline I have used the little pots. 

How you do it.


First you need to choose the colour you want your lip balm to be. For this I used the colour red but you can use any colour or even mix different coloured crayons to make your own colour :) you need to completely strip the crayon of all it's wrapper and snap it into sections.



Then empty out the tin of Vaseline into a heat proof bowl (note the bowl change lol), if you are using Vaseline from a tub a large teaspoon full is usually enough, and melt it over a pan of boiling water.

Next add the crayons and melt it all together, when it is all melted together transfer it to your pot of choice :) Put the pot in the fridge for about 20 mins and you are good to go!

Voila, your own lip balm! 


I have found using this method I end up with a tinted lipbalm rather than a strong lipstick-esque colour, however I have seen on tutorials if you use coconut oil rather than Vaseline you get that effect, so I shall give that one a go in the near future! 

Thanks for reading guys, if there are any products you would like me to review or tutorials you would like to see just send me a message <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas day 4! My Beauty Christmas List

Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

Blogmas Day 6 - My Microneedling Experience