Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

Hey Lovelies!!! 

Happy New Years guys! I hope you all had a wonderful christmas and a fantastic New Years!!

I sadly had to admit defeat on blogmas, I didn't adhere to the 5 P's (Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor results) and it got wayyyy too much with all the christmas festivities! I am back now though with a review of some pretty controversial products!

John Kuckian has a drama channel on Youtube, and in November he brought out a line of cosmetics. He has always been fairly controversial with his videos, and he has always been known for causing drama within the beauty community, so when his product line launched it was hit with controversy of its own! 

I bought the pigment set when it first launched, however whilst I was waiting for them to be delivered I started seeing all the videos surrounding him and his line, and I really wish I hadn't supported him with my money!

If you type in his name in YouTube you will see video upon video on him so if you are interested in the drama surrounding him then please go and check it out! I find his behaviour to be disgusting and his recent bullying of Peter Monn to be vile and completely uncalled for!

In regards to the pigments I ordered I have decided to still do a review, however I have also gone through the other shadows that I own to find similar shades, They are not dupes by any means but they are similar shades that you might prefer to spend your money on!



The pigments arrived in a bubble envelope with just the cardboard sleeve inside. I watched a few videos reviewing these and every one of those had received these in a really luxe gift bag, however I did not so I am guessing those where only sent out in PR Packages. 

The three shades are Salvage, Titties and Shook. You get the three pans in flimsy plastic clamshells and a double ended sponge applicator. The pans where really mucky and had pigment all over the bottom of them, and they are also not magnetic, so you can't put them in an empty magnetic palette, which I found to be a pretty rubbish feature. 


I swatched all the colours with my finger (top swatch) and the sponge applicator it comes with. 


I found the shadows to be okay. The swatches aren't great they are a little patchy, and the sponge applicator is just rubbish. I haven't used a sponge applicator since the 90's and I don't intend to start now haha!
They do blend with a brush nicely, however with the way they are packaged I would never choose to use them as they will just get lost in my makeup drawers. 

As I said I did go through my palettes and individual shadows trying to find similar ones that I would recommend spending your money on as opposed to these.




As I said these are definitely not dupes by any means, but they are similar colours! 

I urge you to check out the videos on John Kuckian before you choose to support him, his recent bullying of Peter Monn is amongst the worst thing I have seen him do, so please check it out before spending your money!

On a happier note I hope you all have a wonderful 2018
and I will be back soon <3

Lots of Love
Jordan
xxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas day 4! My Beauty Christmas List

ZAO Make Up