Make Up Revolution x SophDoesNails Collab! Plus extras :D

Hello my lovelys!

How are we all doing today? Anybody got the Monday blues today?

I recently saw on Instagram that Make Up Revolution had done a collab with beauty Youtuber SophDoesNails, and that they had created an eyeshadow and a highlighter palette! Two of my favourite make up items to collect! So I was straight on it and ordered one of each, and also some goodies from their other new releases. I have been wearing this make up all weekend so I am ready to give my honest opinions :D 


I picked up the SophDoesNails Ultra Eyeshadow palette and the highlighter palette. From their other new releases I bought the new baking powder in the shade Lace, and two of their new liquid highlighters! 

SophDoesNails Ultra Eyeshadow Palette


This is a 24 shade eyeshadow palette and retails for £10. There are 14 matte colours and 10 shimmer colours in the palette, in a range of mostly neutral shades, with some bright pops of colour.

The packaging has a super matte feel to it, which I have never had from Makeup Revolution before, and it has a huge mirror in the top which is always appreciated!

This palette has some good and bad points. The matte shades are fantastic! Super pigmented and easy to blend. They all go on really easily with a variety of brushes, and there are so many good transition colours in here its really easy to make a multitude of eye looks from this one palette.

The shimmer colours I found slightly harder to work with. I found they took a lot of work to get the colour pay off that I wanted, they swatch super pigmented with your finger, but unless you wet your brush it does take some work to get the colour you want on your eyes. It is totally worth the work though as some of these colours are simply beautiful! My favourite is Petrol, which looks blue in the pan, but swatches brown with blue duochrome which is just stunning and adds a little something extra to a standard neutral eye!

 

 


Highlighters


The first highlighter option I bought was the SophDoesNails highlighter palette. This retails for £8 and comes with 8 shades of highlighter pressed powders. I feel like there is a good amount of shades in here that would match a variety of skin tones. With me being so pale I can only really get away with the first quad of colours, but that doesn't bother me as I enjoy the palette as a whole. The powders are really high quality, my fan brush picks them up really easily and the colour disperses on the cheek to give a stunning, high glow look.


My real winner in this whole haul though was the Liquid Highlighters! I picked up two shades, Starlight and Unicorn Elixir, and these are absolutely stunning! They are £6 per bottle, and they come with 18ml of product. The bottles are made of glass, with beautiful droppers for you to get the product out.


I couldn't get a picture that showed off the absolute gorgeous-ness that is these highlighters!I posted a little video on my instagram of them which you can see HERE that is a little bit better at catching how stunning these are. I personally drop a tiny amount on the back of my hand, then use a beauty blender to place the product on the high points of my cheeks and they leave me glowing for the gods!!! They have fab staying power and I can tell one bottle is going to last me absolutely ages, so they are well worth the £6 price tag!

Baking Powder


Make Up Revolution have had their version of banana powder setting powder for quite a while now, but because I am fairly pale I knew it would look ridiculous on me, so when I saw they had brought out a pale version I jumped on it! They are £5 each and come in a plastic bottle containing 35g of product. They have a little shifter in the top to stop you depositing too much product which is a nice touch. I have used this as an under eye baking powder, and to set my entire face, and I have enjoyed using it for both! 

I deposit a small amount of product into the lid, then I use a dry beauty blender to press a good amount under my eye, leave it for 10 minutes then brush off the excess. I then use a large powder brush to set the rest of my face with it. 

I do find the small lid to be a bit of a pain when trying to get the product out of it, as I am used to using Coty Airspun powder, which is my ride or die powder, and that has a huge lid. Apart from that I have no other complaints! This product held up well throughout the day, and the advantage it has over the Coty one is that it doesn't smell like grannies! Winner haha!


This was the look I created the first time I ever tried the products, I used Pancakes, Iced Coffee, Petrol, Mixed Berries and Tiramisu from the SophDoesNails eyeshadow palette, the palest highlight from her highlighter palette, and the Lace baking powder. The products held up all day, through vigorous shopping trips, and a few proseccos! I find Makeup Revolution a bit hit and miss at times, but these are products I have found myself reaching for again and again since I got them on Friday, and not my usual "Try once and leave them in the eyeshadow palette pile never to be seen again", which unfortunately is a fate that befalls a fair few of my eyeshadow palettes 😂

I hope this little review has been helpful in some way! I was super excited about this release and I was so happy none of the products let me down! 

Wishing you all a week of amazing make up days! 

Love and Hugs
Jordan 
xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

Blogmas Day 11 & 12 - 5 favourite palettes!