Primark Haul

Hello Hello Hello!

How are we all on this lovely Sunday afternoon? I am nursing a very hungover partner today because he was out on his Stag Do yesterday, so as a little escape I nipped across to Primark and treated myself to a few new beauty goodies! Here is my little haul <3


I have given most of the stuff a little test run! So here are my initial impressions :D

Liquid Lipsticks


I purchased the chocolate brownie Get Lippy Matte lip kit, The Super Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade Karla, and the Mint Lip Jelly.


The shades are my usual go to shades, browns and nudes, I swatched them on my wrist first and everything was going well, then I tried to swatch them on my lips, starting with the lip kit (£3). I managed to fill in my bottom lip with the pencil, tried to do my top lip and the pencil broke! I sharpened it and every time it got to the point where you could use it it broke again! I was pretty upset that one half of the lip kit I had bought was pretty much unusable. The liquid lipstick by itself is okay! It's not my favourite formula but it dries down fairly matte, seems like it would have fairly good staying power so I am going to give it a try over the next few weeks and see how it goes!

The Super Matte liquid lipstick (£2) was also just okay. The colour is really beautiful and definitely something I could use every day, however it has a slightly gritty feel on the lips. I am going to try it again over the next few weeks and see how it goes throughout the day. It does dry down really matte which is nice, and seems like it would have good staying power, however I am not the biggest fan of the gritty texture.

The lip jelly (£1) is really lovely. It has quite a thick texture and goes on really smoothly, it has a nice tingly feel when it goes on, and feels really moisturising and makes your lips feel smooth for a long time. 

Face/Skin Care Items


I have given all of these a little try since I got home, and I have a few thoughts.

The Illuminating Mineral Mist (£3) says it is a brightening and Hydrating skin mist, it has Vitamin C and Grapefruit extract in it, and it has 150ml of product in it. I have sprayed it on my face and sprayed it on my arms, and I'm not sure how brightening it is. It does feel really hydrating, and I feel like it would feel really nice on hot days! however I don't know how many benefits for your skin it actually has other than just to cool you down on hot days.

The cucumber patches (£1.50) where nice and relaxing, I don't know how many beneficial skin properties they have, but in conjunction with a face mask they are very relaxing!

The lip care patch (£1.50) is another thing I am not really sure how much use it actually has! It is a jelly like consistency, which feels quite nice when put on the lips. I found it quite difficult to keep in place when it was on my face as it has so much product on it and it has such a slippy texture. I left it on the full 15 minutes and didn't really see much of a difference.


Stick on Nails


I have bought from this range before and they are fantastic! I have worn the Mermaid metallic ones before and they lasted me a full week, and I had to soak them off they didn't fall off. 
They are the perfect length if you are used to having nails on, and they are really helping me bridge the gap between now and having acrylics on again in a few weeks :D



Foundation and Sponges


I have recently become a slight hoarder of make up sponges! I have tried the good and the bad, and I was fairly impressed with these! They both expand when soaked in water, they both grew to around palm sized and got a lot softer. The paler pink one is the better one of the two, and the flat bottom is really impressive when used to blend out foundation. I have Beauty Blenders which are around £16, and the pale pink one is definitely a dupe for them! At £1.50 for two you really can't complain!

The foundation is quite good! I chose the colour Ivory and it was a fairly good match for my skin. It has light to medium coverage and does dry down too a matte finish. It covered the redness in my cheeks, however it wasn't great at covering up my dark circles, or blemishes on my face. I think if it was paired with a good concealer it would give a really fresh and natural look :D It didn't oxidise to an orange colour either which is a winner in my book!!

These are all just first impressions as I haven't had chance to fully road test all of these products, so my opinions could change over the next few times I try these out :D However I have had a fab time trying out lots of new things, and having a little pamper afternoon!.

Thank you for reading my ramblings, and I hope you have a week of amazing make up days!
Love and Hugs
Jordan
xxxxx 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas day 4! My Beauty Christmas List

Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

ZAO Make Up