TK Maxx Haul

Hello Hello Hello!


How are we all today? I hope you are all good! It's Friday today, first day of the weekendddddd yay!

My local shopping centre in Warrington has late night shopping on a Thursday, so last night I decided to finally spend the TK Maxx gift card I have had loitering around since christmas, and treat myself to some make up goodies! Too Faced is one of my favorite high end brands, so I was super excited to get my hands on some Too Faced goodies that I have wanted for ages!


I picked up the Love palette, and two shades of the Melted Metal liquid lipsticks. The palette was £14.99 (it's currently on the Too Faced Website for £35.10) and the liquid lipsticks where £4.99 each (currently £17.10 on the Too Faced website). 

Melted Metal Liquid Lipsticks


I got the shades Debutante (a nude shade with slight orange tones) and Violet (a bright purple). They come in a squeezy tube and contain 12g of product in them. The applicator is a slightly fuzzy sponge, and when you squeeze the tube the product is dispensed through the sponge.

The actual tubes feel high quality, and the sponge is super soft on your lips, and application is fairly easy. It takes a few passes over the lips to build up the coverage but it is achievable. They are almost like a gloss more than a lipstick, They go on very smoothly and shiny, and they don't dry down like a liquid lipstick would. This means they are very easily transferable, and do not last a long time on the lips. They are not sticky however and do feel quite moisturising on the lips. So depending on what your lipstick preferences are, these could be really good for you! Plus they are almost a quarter of the price than if you bought them directly from Too Faced, or from Debenhams in the UK (Currently they are £19 on the Debenhams website.)

Love 15 Shade Palette


I have wanted this palette for so long! The colours have always spoken too me, and I adore Too Faced's gorgeous packaging. The palette is made of fairly thick black plastic, with the artwork from the box printed on the top. The palette comes with 15 shades of eye shadow, a full sized Perfect Eyes waterproof eyeliner and 3 eye shadow guides that give you mini tutorials using the palette.


This palette has a mixture of Shimmer, Pearl and Matte finish shadows.

I have to admit the colours in this palette are not as pigmented as some of the other Too Faced palettes I own. The really pale colours barely show up at all, but the dark colours are very pretty! 
These where all finger swatches, but I did do some with a brush as well and found that it can be fairly difficult to get the colours to transfer onto the eyes with a brush, however with a little persistence they can look super pretty! They do blend well with each other once you have the initial colour down, I found that the shimmer colours where the most pigmented, and looked really beautiful once fully blended out! 
All in all its not my favourite palette I have ever bought from Too Faced, however it is still one I will get a lot of use out of, possibly not on its own but definitely in combination with other palettes!


The eyeliner you get as part of this palette is incredible!!! It was worth buying the palette just for this! One end is a super pigmented pencil, which feels almost gel like. It will give you a super black line with the faintest of presses. It didn't pull or drag on my eyes when I put it on my lid, and it was also brilliant for the waterline. I found it to be really long lasting and the colour pay off is fantastic. The other end of the pencil is like a silicone blender, I didn't rate this much and didn't find it really worked for me, however the pencil end more than made up for it.

All in all I am super chuffed with my TK Maxx purchases! It can be really hit and miss in the beauty section of Warrington's TK Maxx, however they came through this time! The skin care aisle also had loads of exciting things, but I will have to go back for those another time!

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Love and Hugs,
Jordan
xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas day 4! My Beauty Christmas List

Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

ZAO Make Up