Blogmas Day 6 - My Microneedling Experience

Blogmas Day 6

Finally Caught up phew!

So I thought I would do today's blog on my recent experience of Microneedling. When I told my friends and family I was going to get it done the overwhelming questions I kept getting where "what is it", "why are you doing that", and "is it going to hurt".

As so many people asked the same thing, I thought I would do a quick blog about it to try and answer some of those questions!


Microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment to rejuvenate the skin. A pen-like device with multiple fine needles creates tiny punctures in the top layer of the skin, which causes the body to create new collagen and elastin. Results can include improved texture and firmness of the skin, as well as a reduction in scars, pore size, and stretch marks. Microneedling may also be combined with serums, because when your treatment is done it leaves the puncture holes open and can help serums be absorbed deeper into the skin.

I chose to go for microneedling to help my acne prone skin. I get really bad spots all over my cheeks all the time and it really gets me down. I have been going to my amazing facial lady Mirka at 3D Lipo Warrington for a few months now for Blue Light facials to help my skin, and I really started to see a difference in my face. So when she suggested Microneedling I was all for it!

The Treatment.

First and foremost to answer the question I have been asked sooooo many times, No it most definitely does not hurt!! 
Mirka applied an anesthetic cream all over my face and left it for around 20ish minutes ( I think anyway I was too busy chatting with her to clock watch haha). After that had all sunk in and worked its magic I could seriously feel no pain in my face whatsoever. I could feel the pen moving around on my face but I felt no pain from the needles at all. The pen sounds very similar to a tattoo needle but just not as loud! 
After the treatment was done Mirka put a collagen mask and blue light mask on me and I left the room feeling zero pain, and apart from the numbness my face felt perfectly fine!
This picture was an hour after I had the treatment.


Day 1

Day 1 I woke up looking like a tomato! My face was bright red and felt slightly like I had some sunburn on it. It wasn't painful just slightly uncomfortable. I used a serum 3 times a day for the first week to keep my skin hydrated, and application of this soothed any of the sunburn feelings for a while afterwards. 
I also noticed that walking outside in the cold didn't feel pleasant at all on my face, but nothing horrendous.

Day 2

Two days after the treatment my face was calming down on the tomato front haha! It no longer felt burnt and just felt a little dry.


Day 3

Attack of the dry skin! I had patches of super dry skin on my chin, in between my eyebrows, forehead and cheeks. My face was not sore or uncomfortable, and serum application really helped on the patches.


After Healing

My skin stopped flaking after about 4 days and the redness went completely by day 4. This is my skin after a week and a half, it feels beautiful and smooth to the touch and my spots do seem to be diminishing. The healing process and collagen production will take a lot longer than a week, so I will still see results over the coming weeks but I am loving it so far. I would highly recommend this to anyone considering it, and I will definitely be doing it again in the future. This is my skin today completely free of makeup.


If anyone in the Warrington area is considering this, or any other facial treatments I can't recommend Mirka highly enough. She is a wonderful lady and brilliant at what she does, She has a whole host of treatments available at really reasonable rates. Her facebook page is  https://www.facebook.com/3DLipoWarrington/ 
I wasn't sponsored to write this blog, I just think she is a face miracle worker!!

If you have any questions about my experience with microneedling, or thinking of having it done yourself please send me a message!

Thank's for reading and I will see you all tomorrow!

Lots of Love
Jordan
xxx

also don't forget to check out my fellow blogmas babes!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas day 4! My Beauty Christmas List

Kuckian Cosmetics Pigment Review!

ZAO Make Up